Friday, February 29, 2008

Nenagh Fire

Watching this fire yesterday morning, I couldn’t help but be struck with a sense of pride in our local fire fighters.

I think we all owe a deep debt of gratitude to the men and women of our fire department that risk their lives every day in protecting our lives and property in dealing with fires like this one.

Judging by the equipment that arrived on the scene, the Fire Brigade is equipped to deal with much larger fires than the one they were faced with yesterday morning and they brought it under control with relative ease. To me as an onlooker, it appeared to be a fairly routine task to deal with it. I would hazard a guess though that it was the expertise of the firemen and the equipment at their disposal made it look that way.

No fire is simple and without its own inherent danger and they all, no matter how small, need to be treated with the healthy respect that they deserve.

I hope I never need the services of the Nenagh Fire Brigade, but, if ever I do, it’s certainly comforting to know that such an expert and dedicated crew are there to come to my assistance.

The following are some more pictures and videos from the scene.

















No comments: