Saturday, July 5, 2008

Day at Minnehaha Park

Judy is right; one of the things I always look forward to during my visits to Minnesota is going to Perkins along with Judy to have lunch or breakfast with her dad. It’s a tradition that is now well established and one that I hope will continue for many a long day to come. It was a little sad this time due to the fact that his recent dental work prevented him from having his usual full meal of pancakes and bacon. The man sure enjoys his pancakes and bacon and I know the meal just wasn’t the same to him this time. Still I was able to share my desert of strawberry sundae with him and I hope he enjoyed that and it compensated in some small way.

The strawberry sundae that I was looking forward to

Judy and her dad tucking into my strawberry sundae

Our visit to Minnehaha Park on Sunday 15 June was a most enjoyable event. The outdoor Service at Sarah’s and Dave’s church was very nice but I think as far as the children were concerned, the caterpidows stole the show.

St Mary's Basilica pictured on the way to Minnehaha Park

I think there is beauty in many things, including concrete and steel. Here, and in the picture above, the architecture of mortal man against the blue of the sky and the clouds - created by the divine architect illustrate what I mean.

Minnehaha Park is one of the many beautiful places we have visited around Minneapolis. It has pleasant walks along the Minnehaha creek and of course the famous Minnehaha waterfall is spectacular.

Derek gives me a caterpiddow

Two beautiful ladies, Sarah and her mom, Judy.

Minnehaha Creek

Davey and his little friend at play

Grandpa and Derek taking a stroll


Minnehaha Creek

Derek, Davey, Sarah, Dave and the knees

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great great GREAT pictures!!! I'm glad you could join us on that day. It was beautiful. All of it!

Anonymous said...

WOW that sundae looks soooooooo good! Who oredered the EXTRA cherries? (cough cough Judy perhaps? lol lol) Its almost like Raisin Brand, you get raisins w/every bite, here you get cherries w/every bite! Laffin...yummy! lol

Minnehaha Park looks lovely....I love waterfalls. I'm sure I could go there and sit for hours and enjoy it!

I love the picture of Grandpa Tom and Derek...they march to the same beat...(notice their steps) Seems like it was a fun filled day for all!
Hugs to all! Love ya guys!
Syllvia

PS Wondering if joes bought any shirts YET? (lol lol lol) Love tasing ya joe! hugs!

Judy Roo said...

you are 100% absolutely right sylvia on who ordered the cherries..joe wouldn't let me have the one that came on the sundae so I asked the waitress if we could have more and she already had them in her hand....haha..it was fun...I also ordered the chopped nuts...other than that it was joe's sundae..which he got to enjoy some of...just love your comments sylvia whether they are on my blog or joe's....thanks!!