Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Maria's Trip To Tipp (Tipperary)

Well, as they say, all good things must come to an end and so it was with my niece Maria’s visit to Ireland. I drove her to Dublin Airport yesterday to catch her flight to return home to London. It was a sad parting and I certainly hope she will return to see us all soon again.

In the short time she was here, we managed to get a lot of things done including visiting a couple of historical places but of course the best of all was visiting family and her meeting her uncles and cousins again after such a long time.

She has promised to do a post for my blog that I will publish as soon as it arrives. In the meantime, I am including some pictures from her visit that I hope you will enjoy and give you an opportunity to meet some of my family.

My sister Freddy loves to entertain and anytime a special visitor arrives amongst us, she will always use as an opportunity to bring the family together for a celebration. Here as some family members around her ample table partaking of her hospitality on the occassion of Maria's visit.

My sisters, Freddy, Kathleen, Biddy, and brother Jim

My niece Ann and my grandniece Kate on a visit to Ann and her husband, Dave's, house at Galway. Kate proudly displays the cake she made especially for our visit

There is a beautiful wood near where my sisters live. There is a little lake in the centre that you can walk round along a path for a distance of 1 1/2 miles approx. Here is Maria feeding the swans on our way round the lake.

My sister and I on our walk round the lake

Maria and Freddy on our walk

Son Tim, Daughter-in-law Mary, Grandson Anthony, Granddaughter Elizabeth and Maria on our visit to their house.

I am blessed with a lot of nieces and nephews. Here is a small selection of my beautiful nieces - Fiona, Maria, Siobhan, Alanna, Jackie and Lily, Aurlie.

5 comments:

Judy Roo said...

great pictures joe and I can feel maria's absence already..I don't think the trip could have been any better or nicer or more fun or anything at all...I think it was just perfect and I bet she is sorry it is over too...right maria?

and..and..and...it is so nice to have met some of your family too joe and maria!! I know just how wonderful they all are!!

Life Is Good said...

Thank you Judy...It was very important to Maria to keep in daily contact with you too...

and...and...and I hope it won't be too long until you and Tom once again enjoy of one of Freddy's Special Person(s) family events.

Judy Roo said...

me tooooooooooooo joe!

Anonymous said...

what a lovely blog post and fab pictures too. and yes judy, I am very sad it is all over I had a fabulous time with my unc and family.

and... hope to see you both when you take your next trip to Ireland

x

Life Is Good said...

Thank you Maria...We all miss you very much too and hope you will come back to see us all soon again...It was lovely having you and the old house is just not the same without you...I miss my coffee and toast every morning too.
Uncle Joe
xx